CAC AmeriCorps Members receive modest benefits to allow them to serve on a full-time basis with our community partners.
- A modest Living allowance of up to $16,000 distributed over 47 weeks or $680.85 every two weeks (before taxes).
- Health Insurance Premium subsidy paid by program for members who are covered by a Bronze, Silver, or Gold plan in the health insurance marketplace (healthcare.gov) and are not already covered by a parent, spouse, Medicaid, Medicare, or Military healthcare benefits.
- Worker’s Compensation
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Education Award of $6,345 (2021-2022) after completion of 1,700 hour service term (11 months).
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Access to an engaged base of Alums in the region.
- Assistance with finding housing.
- 20% Off Tuition at Carson Newman University – MBA Nonprofit Leadership (online)
for CAC AmeriCorps Members and Alums! Serve and earn your MBA concurrently. Cost of tuition 100% covered by 2 full education awards.