Location of Service: Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee – 1100 Marion St., Suite 100
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee:
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee: http://www.tennesseebig.org/
Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee defends potential in children through strong and enduring, professionally supported one‐to‐one relationships that change lives for the better, forever. Children enrolled in the program achieve measurable outcomes, including educational success, avoidance of risky behaviors, higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships. This mission has been the cornerstone of the organization’s 50-year history in the Knoxville area.
- Develop and foster relationships with local businesses, organizations, and volunteer groups to engage and recruit mentors to serve youth.
- Assist with securing mentors to become financial supporters through fundraising campaigns (primarily monthly giving), events, and affinity groups.
- Collaborate with a variety of passionate agency teammates to develop and implement effective mentor recruitment and engagement strategies while building local, regional, and national networks.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Collaborate on wraparound services for mentors, mentees, and families.
- Gain a deep understanding of BBBSA’s nationally recognized mentoring practices.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Good written and oral communication
- Organization skills
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $15,001.50 or, $575.40 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.