This Position is Closed
Location of Service: Royal Youth Dance Ensemble (RYDE) – 1646 Russell Ave, Jefferson City, TN 37760
Length of Service: 16 weeks, 20 hr/week
About Royal Youth Dance Ensemble (RYDE):
The mission of RYDE is to provide a creative outlet for youth that builds character, raises self-esteem,
boosts confidence, and promotes positive interaction through artistic expression. The vision is to inspire
youth to use the arts and its disciplines to aid them through life and its experiences. The HOPE is that
the arts will act as a vehicle for guiding them through cultural exposure, enrichment, and enjoyment,
which leads to healthier outcomes.
The Afterschool Program Coordinator will provide direct supervision of a group of children in an after school and/or summer day camp setting. They will be responsible for developing and implementing daily lesson plans with a curriculum that fosters children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. In addition, every position in the RYDE is central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the RYDE’s core values – community, connection, character, competence, and contribution. This position will extend over the Fall and Spring terms at approximately 10 hours/week.
- Assist Afterschool Program Director with the teaching, curriculum planning, and supervision of
- students who are enrolled in the after-school program.
- Create appropriate relationships with students that allows for optimal development in the physical, cognitive, language, motor and social/emotional demands.
- Implement weekly goals and metrics to support academic advancement.
- Recognize potential issues in our program and apply problem solving techniques as needed.
- Assist in the daily cleaning and maintenance of equipment, supplies, and studio facility.
- Collaborate with Afterschool Director and other RYDE staff to create educational curriculum that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with state regulations.
- Follows RYDE’s policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Maintains a positive relationship with parents and other staff.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Follows all RYDE’s rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Completes incident and accident reports, as necessary.
- Uphold RYDE’s 5-core values that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify these values – Community, Connection, Character, Competence, and Contribution
- One year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of children or employees of the organization.
- Complete required training courses, such as CPR/First Aid and New Employee Orientation.
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $3,300 distributed bi-weekly at $412.50 (pre-tax), paid over 16 weeks-weekly
- Education Award of $1,342 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Worker’s Compensation
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.