This Position is Closed
Location of Service: Grow Oak Ridge – 323 Vermont Ave, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Length of Service: 16 weeks, 20 hr/week
About Grow Oak Ridge:
Grow Oak Ridge brings people and healthy food together! Our mission is to promote health in Anderson
County, TN, by connecting local farmers with the public through farmers’ markets, community nutrition
incentive programs, and educational programming. We run two farmers’ markets: The Winter Farmers’
Market, which is indoors December through March, and Market-To-Go, an online market that is open
The Program Coordinator must share our enthusiasm for local farms, local foods, and small businesses. The Program Coordinator will focus on expanding and promoting our SNAP/EBT doubling program in all aspects of the markets through advertising, networking with local food security organizations, and by planning a series of 4 to 6 “Grow and Learn” market workshops throughout the winter season that encourage the public to shop and eat locally grown foods. The Program Coordinator will collect attendance and sales data to assess outreach efforts. The Program Coordinator will be part of the market team, pitching in as needed in the children’s program, front desk, or Market-To-Go pickup program. The Coordinator must be willing to work Saturday mornings 7 am to 1 p.m. (6 hours) and 4 hours remotely during the week. Generally, it’s every Saturday, but days off include two weeks at Christmas/New Years, and up to 4 weekends throughout the year, coordinating with the Director to ensure coverage at market. Other responsibilities will include a weekly meeting with the Executive Director. Must be comfortable with computers, Google Docs, Excel, and Social Media. Must be willing to work with and respect a diverse group of people, including diversity of thought, political leanings, and religions. Must be a good listener, great communicator, respectful and friendly, and ready to jump in and help.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Access to a computer, phone, and email for remote working hours.
- Basic working knowledge of Google Docs and Sheets.
- Transportation to and from Oak Ridge.
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $3,300 distributed bi-weekly at $412.50 (pre-tax), paid over 16 weeks-weekly
- Education Award of $1,342 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Worker’s Compensation
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.