Location of Service: Ijams Nature Center – 2915 Island Home Ave, Knoxville, TN 37920
About Ijams Nature Center:
Ijams Mission: To encourage stewardship of the natural world by providing an urban greenspace for people to learn about and enjoy the outdoors through engaging experiences.
Learn more at ijams.org
- Lead volunteer workdays including scouts and corporate groups
- Develop service learning programs centered on invasive plants and removal methods
- Serve as the Ijams Nature Center Weed Warriors director, developing programs and leading the Weed Warrior workdays
- Assist with general operations at Ijams Nature Center including; trash collection, trail maintenance, landscaping, and small construction projects
- Support Ijams Nature Center special events including; River Rescue, Weed Wrangle, Twilight at Ijams, and others
- Works under supervision on Forest health projects and restoration efforts throughout the 318 acre park
- BS in a related field or experience in a related field
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
- Ability to work on uneven terrain in all types of weather
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A modest living allowance of $18,000*, or, $765.95 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.