Location of Service: Two Bikes – 118 S. Central St.
About Two Bikes:
Two Bikes is a nonprofit bike shop and community center located in the Historic Old City of Knoxville, Tennessee. The mission of Two Bikes is to expand access to the personal, social, and environmental benefits of riding a bike. Knoxville has a rich history of bicycling that has gained a national spotlight in recent years, and Two Bikes was established to ensure that all citizens of Knoxville have access to the amazing cycling opportunities in the area.
- Actively participate in the creation and execution of an annual development plan
- Renew, maintain, and seek out grants that support the development of programs
- Maintain accurate gift processing standards including CRM data-entry and timely gift acknowledgement
- Actively manage and assist in the development of the corporate sponsorship program
- Develop and foster relationships with individual donors in accordance to the annual development plan
- Strong writing skills including research-based writing
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, and set priorities
- Strong research skills including finding academic journals, applicable grants, corporate sponsors, and individual donors
- Commitment to environmental stewardship, economic mobility, and sustainable transportation
- Strong organization skills including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Sense of humor, love of learning, and collaborative spirit
- A passion for bicycling
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $15,001.50 or, $575.40 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.