Location of Service: Two Bikes – 118 S. Central St.
About Two Bikes:
Two Bikes is a nonprofit bike shop and community center located in the Historic Old City of Knoxville, Tennessee. The mission of Two Bikes is to expand access to the personal, social, and environmental benefits of riding a bike. Knoxville has a rich history of bicycling that has gained a national spotlight in recent years, and Two Bikes was established to ensure that all citizens of Knoxville have access to the amazing cycling opportunities in the area.
- Organize and manage bike drives in the community
- Research and implement a volunteer management systems
- Organize and manage volunteers to assist with bike building and special events
- Table at events including mobile bike repair, bike drives, and bike donation events
- Provide material for an active social media presence
- Develop and implement new programs and events as needed
- Commitment to environmental stewardship, economic mobility, and sustainable transportation
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to work in the community
- Strong organization skills including database management and project management
- Proficiency with Excel and data management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while staying organized
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, and set priorities
- Sense of humor, love of learning, and collaborative spirit
- A passion for bicycling
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $15,001.50 or, $575.40 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.