Location of Service: Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee – 1100 Marion St., Suite 100
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee defends potential in children through strong and enduring, professionally supported one‐to‐one relationships that change lives for the better, forever. Children and youth enrolled in the program achieve measurable outcomes, including educational success, avoidance of risky behaviors, higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships. This mission has been the cornerstone of the organization’s 52-year history in the East Tennessee region. The team is fun, industrious, and immensely dedicated to our mission.
Working alongside the Chief Development Officer and Recruitment and Partnerships Manager, the Brand Ambassador AmeriCorps VISTA will focus on generating new contacts for the agency by sharing, representing, and promoting the brand and mission of BBBS-ETN.
- Creating and generating new contacts focused on recruiting volunteers and community partners.
- Represent and promote the organization at a variety of events throughout the Greater Knoxville area, to obtain new leads, contacts, and partners.
- Promote and assist with diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts for the organization.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers and partners.
- Network, build rapport and positive relationships with partners to recruit and retain contacts and grow partnership opportunities, including, local businesses, association memberships, corporate partners, diversity-focused affinity groups, etc.
- Create new and implement strategies to recruit new mentors.
- Lead and engage audience members during speaking engagements, lunch and learns, and information sessions.
- Seek out opportunities to connect different groups, individuals, and corporations to BBBS-ETN
- Process and follow up with all new leads
- Flexible to work nights and weekends
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Customer service
- Public speaking
- Volunteer recruitment
- Community outreach
Candidates should be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce quality work within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and work well with a team as you work alongside BBBS-ETN staff members.
- Experience or interest in marketing and communications
- Knowledge or interest in non-profit and/or recruiting
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.