Location of Service: Keep Blount Beautiful – 356 Sanderson St Ste A4, Alcoa, TN 37912
About Keep Blount Beautiful:
Keep Blount Beautiful is a community improvement nonprofit organization that serves Blount County and focuses on litter prevention, waste reduction, and beautification. Our mission is to educate and encourage Blount County residents to take action to improve and beautify their community.
- Manage litter programs including equipment loaning and Adopt-A-Mile
- Organize litter cleanups for small groups
- Manage education programs including classroom lessons and field trips
- Schedule and lead education programs for local schools and groups
- Implement new educational lessons and activities
- Advertise events online and in-person
- Assist with recruiting and managing volunteers
- Assist with major event planning and logistics
- Manage an email account and answer the phone to assist residents with a variety of questions
- Update social media and organization website
- Promote the organization at community events
- Keep records and reports of organizational program and event activity
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in nonprofit management, education, environmental science, or other science
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to speak publicly
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Gmail, and Google Drive
- Interest in litter prevention, waste reduction, and beautification as community improvement mechanisms
- Valid driver’s license with ability to transport oneself and supplies to community locations for events and meetings
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $20,000*, or, $851.06 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.