Location of Service: Tennessee RiverLine – 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
About Tennessee RiverLine:
The Tennessee RiverLine is a vision for a continuous system of hiking, biking, and on-water experiences along the 652-mile reach of the Tennessee River from Knoxville, TN, to Paducah, KY. The system will serve as a catalyst for economic, social and environmental impact in the four states and dozens of cities, towns and rural communities along the Tennessee River, as well as the more than 4.5 million residents who call the Tennessee River Valley home. Beyond recreational, environmental and economic potential, the project embodies the spirit of innovation and regional collaboration that is our legacy in the Tennessee River Valley.
The Tennessee RiverLine seeks to:
- reestablish upriver and downriver relationships
- reconnect people and communities in the Tennessee River Valley by initiating regional and watershed wide partnerships
- reclaim the river’s edge across urbanized, rural, and natural landscapes to provide for an unprecedented level of public access
The CAC AmeriCorps member serving with the Tennessee RiverLine will be directly involved in the coordination, support and facilitation of the Tennessee RiverTowns Program and various community engagement and event opportunities. This position will also assist in the execution of administrative deliverables and organizational development of the initiative. This member will also serve as a support to the newly hired Communications and Marketing Director in their execution of deliverables. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Program Manager & Planning and Design Managers in coordination and attendance of community programs and events, including but not limited to recreation and stewardship events and 652 to YOU.
- Prepare equipment and materials necessary for event attendance.
- Assist the Program Manager with maintenance and organization of required reporting documents and assessments of events
- Responsible for the analysis and reporting of event and programming assessments.
- Assist Tennessee RiverLine staff in programmatic, strategic development, and organization
- Assist with project management and development
- Assist Tennessee RiverLine staff with administrative initiatives and projects
- Participate in the development of, and work with Tennessee RiverLine staff to create new community outreach and event opportunities to further develop the vision of the Tennessee RiverLine.
- Help manage social media messaging and content development
- Assist in grant research and developing tools for community partners for funding
- Build project work plans, outlines, and timelines using identified project management processes and tools (Asana)
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Work with communities throughout the watershed for recreational and stewardship events
- Gain skills in facilitation of community engagement programs
- Build tools for community partners which may include planning guides, funding resources, advocacy tools, communication tools, risk management resources, etc
- High School Diploma/GED
- Have the ability to collaborate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Ability to move 50 lbs
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.