Location of Service: SEEED Inc. – 1617 Dandridge Ave, Knoxville, TN 37915
About SEEED Inc.:
SEEED is located in East Knoxville in the Morningside Community Center, and seeks to serve the largely marginalized community members and young adults in the area by providing programs that benefit themselves as well as the community as a whole. SEEED further participates in greater advocacy work by utilizing community engagement to take the voices of the community to organizations and government agencies in order to actively fight racial trauma and promote equity.
- Organize and manage social media accounts for SEEED (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok)
- Maintain and manage SEEED Website
- Work on a quarterly newsletter and online blog
- Program recruitment (bootcamps and Career Readiness Program)
- Help coordinate and distribute information for events
- Bachelor’s Degree (Not limited to but highly preferred: degrees in marketing and communications)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork skills
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $17,600 or, $675.08 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.