Location of Service: Knoxville Regional TPO – 400 Main St. Suite 403
About Knoxville Regional TPO:
The TPO is housed within Knoxville-Knox County Planning. The TPO provides comprehensive transportation planning in the TPO Planning Area. This area includes all of Knox County and parts of Anderson, Blount, Loudon, Roane, and Sevier counties. Our mission is to advise and assist our region to improve and expand transportation choices by involving citizens and decision-makers in our plans, forums, and outreach.
- This position will help with programs related to sustainability and alternatives to driving alone. These include Smart Trips, I Bike Knx, Safe Routes to School, and Active Knox.
- Assist with social media and other community outreach
- Assist with duties related to Smart Trips and other programs
- Take on independent tasks related to transportation sustainability and based on the interests/abilities of the individual member.
- Bachelor’s degree
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $20,000, or, $851.06 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,345 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses.
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment/employment process.