Location of Service: Knoxville Regional TPO – 400 Main St. Suite 403
About Knoxville Regional TPO:
The TPO is housed within Knoxville-Knox County Planning. The TPO provides comprehensive transportation planning in the TPO Planning Area. This area includes all of Knox County and parts of Anderson, Blount, Loudon, Roane, and Sevier counties. Our mission is to advise and assist our region to improve and expand transportation choices by involving citizens and decision-makers in our plans, forums, and outreach.
- This position will help with programs related to sustainability and alternatives to driving alone. These include Smart Trips, I Bike Knx, Safe Routes to School, and Active Knox.
- Assist with social media and other community outreach
- Assist with duties related to Smart Trips and other programs
- Take on independent tasks related to transportation sustainability and based on the interests/abilities of the individual member.
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Opportunity to learn about sustainable transportation planning, including bicycle and trail planning, transportation demand management (TDM) programming, and how those efforts coordinate with land-use and other urban planning
- Bachelor’s degree
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment/employment process.