Location of Service: University of Tennessee Extension / TN Stormwater Association – 2506 E J Chapman Drive
About University of Tennessee Extension / TN Stormwater Association:
The University of Tennessee Extension conducts education programming across the state and beyond to improve the quality of life for Tennesseans through science-based solutions.
The Tennessee Stormwater Association is a non-profit organization and is Tennessee’s Premiere Organization for Stormwater Professionals. TNSA’s mission is to assist local government entities in their efforts to comply with State and Federal clean water laws and Stormwater Regulations and through such assistance, to protect and improve the quality of the waters of Tennessee.
- Generate social media posts and website content.
- Conduct regular program activities related to communicating with participants
- Assist in developing strategies to connect with new campus audiences.
- Assist in generating long-term promotional strategies and associated resources.
- Assist in development and distribution of web resources, video content.
- Learn new online tools as needed to execute plans.
- Administrative duties related to emails, calls, and client contacts.
- Administrative duties related to invoicing, emails, spreadsheets and letters.
- Update social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Assist with the TNSA Annual Conference and workshops.
- Assist with 5K events in Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga.
- Possibly attend professional conferences if needed.
- Administrative duties as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s License with ability to transport oneself and supplies to community locations for events and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A modest living allowance of $20,000*, or, $851.06 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.