Location of Service: Knoxville-Knox County CAC Office on Aging – 2247 Western Ave. Knoxville, TN 37923
About Office on Aging:
The CAC Office on Aging is a public nonprofit agency that serves all seniors, regardless of life situation, but we are passionate about helping those for whom aging often presents the greatest hardship: those living in poverty, in frail health, or alone. Our team of 50+ employees manages over 20 programs and initiatives, including a senior center and an adult day facility. If you are looking to use your creativity in helping people and changing lives, consider joining our team!
Goal of the Project:
Lead the CAC Office on Aging’s (OOA) initiative to build program capacity through creating, updating, and improving volunteer recruitment and retention efforts. These activities will support 10 staff members to increase their volunteer corps to enhance the OOA mission of assisting low-income Knox County older residents achieve the highest level of independence, maintain a high quality of life, and avoid unnecessary institutionalization.
- Support the CAC Office on Aging Volunteer Recruitment efforts.
- Update digital/print volunteer recruitment material for each OOA Program.
- Design and share impact stories for each program on social media.
- Develop media content for each program on the OOA website. (Interview clients and volunteers; produce testimonials – print or video media stories promoting and recruiting for each.)
- Develop a social media campaign surrounding a season, theme, or existing event including but not limited to: hashtag development, content, and plan for a month of daily multimedia posts leading up to the fundraiser or event.
- Develop and manage Google Adwords and Website Analytics
- Technical knowledge related to creating developing social media content.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work independently.
- Work in a creative team structure.
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $17,600 or, $675.08 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.