Current Member(s): Jonathan Sharp
THIS SITE HAS BEEN FILLED FOR THE 2017-2018 RECRUITMENT CYCLE.
One of the best things about bicycling is it’s something you can do today that will make a difference. Bicycling to work or the store means taking personal responsibility for improving your health and saving money, but also helps our community and our country. More people on bicycles mean safer streets, healthier people, cleaner air and more livable communities.
Housed within the Knoxville Regional Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), the Bicycle Program guides implementation of the 2009 Regional Bicycle Plan. The Bicycle Plan strives to integrate bicycling into the transportation system and works with citizens and governments within Knox, Blount, Anderson, Roane, Sevier and Loudon counties, holds events to promote cycling to the public, as well as offers resources that help everyone cycle more safely. TPO also has a variety of programs that include:
– Community members helping to promote safe bicycling
Tour de Lights
– Popular annual holiday bike parade
– Rediscover bicycling through rides, events and classes
– From small groups to individual instruction
– Bicycling and walking counts at key intersections
– Serve your customers and employees with low cost bike racks
– Rent bike lockers at Knoxville’s transit centers
We will be hiring 1 members to support I Bike Knx operations for the 2017-2018 service year.
Partner Website: KnoxTrans.Org