CAC AmeriCorps will be hosting 5 VISTA Summer Associates during the summer of 2020. These members will engage in full-time service over an 8 week period supporting programs that work to reduce child hunger during the summer months, spread information about substance misuse, increase food desert’s access to healthy, affordable food, and support child mentoring services.
VISTA Summer Associates are fully recruited for Summer 2020.
Program Details and Eligibility
- The VISTA Summer Associates Program will run from June 8, 2020 – July 31, 2020.
- Members will be expected to serve full time for the duration of their service term.
- Members will be required to secure their own housing and have reliable transportation to and from service each day.
- Members must be a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the US?
Please note, holding a work, student, or other VISA is not equivalent for the purposes of AmeriCorps service.
- Members must be able to pass a series of national service criminal history checks.
Anyone who refuses to undergo the checks, makes false statements in connection with a CAC AmeriCorps inquiry concerning criminal history, is listed, or required to be listed, on a sex offender registry, or is convicted of murder is ineligible to serve with CAC AmeriCorps.
Benefits for AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates
- A modest living allowance of up to $1,888.88 distributed bi-weekly over the course of 8 weeks (before taxes).
- Education Award of $1,289.95 after completion of service term (8 weeks) or a $276.64 end-of-service stipend.
- On-site and professional development training.
- Access to an engaged base of Alums in the region.
- Learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates Benefits
If you are interested in learning more about our Summer Associates, please email email@example.com