CAC AmeriCorps anticipates hosting 10 Summer Associates for the Summer of 2021! The term of service will be from May 24th – July 31st, 2021, and the positions will be full-time. Summer Associates provide direct service support for several of our partner organizations working to alleviate poverty in the Knoxville area. The topics our Summer Associates will address include food security, summer learning loss, health outcomes, and general capacity building. If you are at least 18 years old, looking for an opportunity to give back to your community, want to earn money for school, become connected with caring non-profit professionals, meet new friends, and have an awesome summer, VISTA Summer Associates might be for you! If you are interested in learning more about our Summer Associates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Details and Eligibility
- The VISTA Summer Associates Program will run from May 24, 2021 – July 31, 2021.
- Members will be expected to serve full-time for the duration of their service term.
- Members will be required to secure their own housing and have reliable transportation to and from service each day.
- Members must be a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the US?
Please note, holding a work, student, or other VISA is not equivalent for the purposes of AmeriCorps service.
- Members must be able to pass a series of national service criminal history checks.
Anyone who refuses to undergo the checks, makes false statements in connection with a CAC AmeriCorps inquiry concerning criminal history, is listed, or required to be listed, on a sex offender registry, or is convicted of murder is ineligible to serve with CAC AmeriCorps.
Benefits for AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates
- A modest living allowance of up to $2,569.00 distributed bi-weekly over the course of 10 weeks (before taxes), or $513.94 bi-weekly.
- Education Award of $1,342.86 after completion of service term (10 weeks) or a $345.80 end-of-service stipend.
- On-site and professional development training.
- Access to an engaged base of Alums in the region.
- Learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates Benefits