Ready to apply to CAC AmeriCorps?
Thank you for your interest in national service and for considering CAC AmeriCorps as your partner on this journey. A commitment to national service represents a thoughtful and tangible commitment to transform ideals into actions that are bigger than ourselves creating a community that is safer, smarter and healthier. Getting things done.
CAC AmeriCorps generally starts recruiting early in the calendar year for the service year that begins in August/September and there are 5 steps to our application process:
Step 1: Determine your basic eligibility to serve with CAC AmeriCorps.
Can you answer ‘Yes!’ to all of the following questions?
- Are you a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the US?
Please note, holding a work, student, or other VISA is not equivalent for the purposes of AmeriCorps service.
- Are you able to pass a series of national service criminal history checks?
Anyone who refuses to undergo the checks, makes false statements in connection with a CAC AmeriCorps inquiry concerning criminal history, is listed, or required to be listed, on a sex offender registry, or is convicted of murder is ineligible to serve with CAC AmeriCorps.
- Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Are you willing to move to Knoxville, Tennessee for 11 months for CAC AmeriCorps or 12 months for CAC AmeriCorps VISTA?
- Are you a hard worker?
- Are you the type of person who expects great things from themselves?
- Are you passionate about protecting and advocating for the community through service related to the environment, infrastructure, community resilience or poverty?
- Will you be between the ages of 18-25 at the beginning of the term of service
OR do you meet one of the six following exemptions for advanced capacity:
– Are an Alum of AmeriCorps, the Peace Corps, or a Veteran of the US Military
– Have at least 12 months of experience related to a specific position.
– Have a unique trade certification/specialization related to a specific position.
– Possess a Masters Degree, PHD, or some graduate level coursework.
– Have a documented disability that can be reasonably accommodated.
– Contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the Corps based on education and/or demographic information provided in your application.
If you answered “Yes!” to all of the above, then we want to hear from you!
Step 2: Register to create a new member account and application at My.AmeriCorps.Gov.
Please be as descriptive in your application as possible completing work and education history as well as all narrative portions. This will help us understand who you are, what you might bring to CAC AmeriCorps and where you see yourself in the future.
Search for CAC AmeriCorps through the My.AmeriCorps.Gov portal and submit your application to our program.
Search for CAC AmeriCorps VISTA through My.AmeriCorps.Gov portal and submit your application to our AmeriCorps VISTA program.
Step 4: We will review all received applications and will contact competitive candidates to setup a first round interview with CAC AmeriCorps staff. We will ask you a series of questions and determine your suitability to serve with CAC AmeriCorps and what partner(s) would be a potential match for your interests and demonstrated strengths.
Step 5: Candidates that successfully pass through Step 4 will be moved on to the final step where their information will be shared with a specific partner(s) and an interview will be conducted with the prospective site supervisor that the candidate would actually be serving with. The site supervisor makes the final determination on whether to select an applicant for service at the specific site.
If you are interested in CAC AmeriCorps, you are always welcome to contact staff to ask questions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.