Ready to apply to CAC AmeriCorps?
Thank you for your interest in national service and for considering CAC AmeriCorps as your partner on this journey. A commitment to national service represents a thoughtful and tangible commitment to transform ideals into actions that are bigger than ourselves creating a community that is safer, smarter and healthier. Getting things done.
CAC AmeriCorps generally starts recruiting early in the calendar year for the service year that begins in August/September and there are 5 steps to our application process:
Step 1: Determine your basic eligibility to serve with CAC AmeriCorps.
Can you answer ‘Yes!’ to all of the following questions?
- Are you a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the US?
Please note, holding a work, student, or other VISA is not equivalent for the purposes of AmeriCorps service.
- Are you free of convictions for violent or drug crime?
- Are you able to pass fingerprint background check, drug tests and physical exams?
- Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Are you between the ages of 18-25 as of August 6th, 2018?
OR Are you a Veteran between the ages of 18-35 as of August 6th, 2018?
(Environmental and Infrastructure Only. Does not apply to VISTA)
- Are you willing to move to Knoxville, Tennessee for 11 months for CAC AmeriCorps or 12 months for CAC AmeriCorps VISTA?
- Are you a hard worker?
- Are you the type of person who expects great things from themselves?
- Are you passionate about protecting and advocating for the community through service related to the environment, infrastructure or poverty?
If you answered “Yes!” to all of the above, then we want to hear from you!
Step 2: Register to create a new member account and application at My.AmeriCorps.Gov.
Please be as descriptive in your application as possible completing work and education history as well as all narrative portions. This will help us understand who you are, what you might bring to CAC AmeriCorps and where you see yourself in the future.
We are also recruiting for the AmeriCorps VISTA service year beginning on August 13th, 2018 and running through August 12th, 2019.
Step 4: We will review all received applications and will contact competitive candidates to setup a first round interview with CAC AmeriCorps staff. We will ask you a series of questions and determine your suitability to serve with CAC AmeriCorps and what partner(s) would be a potential match for your interests and evidenced strengths.
Step 5: Candidates that successfully pass through Step 4 will be moved on to the final step where their information will be moved on to a specific partner(s) and an interview will be conducted with the prospective site supervisor that the candidate would actually be working with. The site supervisor makes the final determination on whether to select an applicant for service or not.
If you are interested in CAC AmeriCorps, you are always welcome to contact staff to ask questions.
The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) & CAC AmeriCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions.