Location of Service: Aslan Foundation – 5107 Homberg Dr, Knoxville, TN 37919
About Aslan Foundation:
The Aslan Foundation supports the greater Knoxville community through three charitable initiatives.
GRANTMAKING: The Aslan Foundation supports 501(c)(3) organizations serving the greater Knoxville area. Priorities for grantmaking include arts and culture, animal welfare, land conservation, historic preservation, parks, and advancing livability in Knoxville.
PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: The Aslan Foundation partners with the City of Knoxville to conserve land, develop recreational facilities, and preserve historic sites in the greater Knoxville area. Current projects include the Fort Dickerson Gateway and Augusta Quarry Lake.
ASLAN FOUNDATION PROJECTS: The Aslan Foundation funds projects on its properties to serve the Knoxville community. Past and current projects include High Ground Park, the Loghaven Artist Residency, the Candoro Marble Building, and the Eugenia Williams House.
Supervised by the Director of Properties and the Operations and Property Manager, the Property Assistant is an important member of the Aslan Foundation team. The Property Assistant conducts manual labor on Foundation properties in furtherance of the Foundation’s mission to preserve and enhance the natural beauty and cultural assets of Knoxville, and enrich the quality of life for the people who live there.
- Perform work tasks with a focus on safety, the natural environment, and historic preservation.
- Remove by hand invasive plant species from Aslan Foundation properties and other areas as needed.
- Operate small-engine equipment (such as chainsaws, wood splitters, weed eaters, mowers, power washers, blowers, and parking lot vacuums).
- Improve and create new recreational trails.
- Cut, split, and stack firewood.
- Perform minor building and facilities maintenance such as painting, power washing, snow shoveling, and cleaning.
- Perform minor construction tasks such as fixing screens, windows, and doors, as well as trench digging and landscaping.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Properties or the Operations and Property Manager.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions (sun, rain, heat, cold)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, team lift 150 pounds
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $18,000*, or, $765.95 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.