Location of Service: UT Office of Sustainability – 2040 Sutherland Ave, Knoxville, TN 37919
About UT Office of Sustainability:
The UT Office of Sustainability is committed to promoting the responsible consumption of human, economic, and environmental resources on the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus. We use holistic data collection and analysis to inform sustainability initiatives and develop collaborations with campus and community partners to reduce the environmental impacts of the University’s operations, all while engaging the campus community in what it means to Make Orange Green.
- Complete greenhouse gas emissions report on SIMAP (Sustainability Indicator Management & Analysis Platform
- Gather data to input into the STARS report (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System)
- Assist other team members in their data collection
- Perform gap analysis of collected data and provide recommendations for improvement
- Track recycling, compost, and waste totals throughout the year
- Compile reports on weekly, game day, and annual Office of Sustainability totals and accomplishments, and create fun facts with the data to publish
- Travel across campus to collect water and energy usage from residence halls for POWER (Programs of Water, Energy, and Recycling) month
- Schedule zoom meetings and create agendas for the Committee on the Campus Environment (CCE) and the Student Environmental Initiatives Committee (SEIC) and other committees as needed
- Serve as secretary at committee meetings, taking notes and attendance, keeping voting records, and reporting back and following up on assignments
- Collect proposals from students/faculty/staff on how to make UTK more environmentally friendly
- Organize Green Fee budget and proposals
- Submit weekly time sheets of Office of Sustainability employees
- Order Office of Sustainability merchandise and other supplies
- Set up hiring and interview times for student workers and interns
- Assist with football game day recycling operations during home football weeks and on home football game weekends
- Participate in Office of Sustainability projects of varying types
- Assist other team members and Sustainability Manager with various projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, sustainability, or environmental field strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of sustainability efforts within higher education or community organizations or experience working with a college or university sustainability office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a wide range of task
- Proficient in managing data in Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to create and give presentations to small and large (30+) groups
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $18,000*, or, $765.95 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.