Location of Service: Water Quality Forum – 2915 Island Home Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37920
About Water Quality Forum:
The Water Quality Forum is a coalition of diverse partners including municipalities, utilities, non-profit organizations and businesses working together to keep our waters in East Tennessee clean.
- Lead planning and management of events such as Waterfest, the Paddle for Clean Water, rain barrel sales and workshops
- Assist with the Adopt-A-Stream community litter cleanup program
- Lead water quality education for youth via school and community programming
- Table at community events
- Collaborate with and provide assistance to partner organizations for activities such as river cleanups, invasive plant species removals, and public education
- Maintain an active social media presence
- Maintain the Forum’s website utilizing WordPress
- Serve as committee meeting recorder, taking and synthesizing meeting notes.
- Organize and manage materials, supplies and tools.
- Develop and implement new programs and events as needed
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree with a science background.
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.