Location of Service: SEEED Inc. – 1617 Dandridge Ave, Knoxville, TN 37915
About SEEED Inc.:
SEEED, Socially Equal Energy Efficient Development, creates pathways out of poverty for young adults through career readiness training. SEEED is located in East Knoxville in the Morningside Community Center, and seeks to serve the largely marginalized community members and young adults in the area by providing programs that benefit themselves as well as the community as a whole. SEEED further participates in greater advocacy work by utilizing community engagement to take the voices of the community to organizations and government agencies in order to actively fight racial trauma and promote equity.
- Provide day-to-day support for SEEED’s three educational programs – the Career Readiness Program, the Community Engagement Bootcamp, and the new Green Construction Bootcamp – which serve low-income young adults in Knoxville.
- Assist in curriculum development for each program
- provide program evaluation (collection, measurement, and analysis) on an ongoing basis to further improve programming outcomes
- Assist in building partnerships with outside organizations for each program
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Curriculum development
- Program evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, or relevant experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork skills
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.