Location of Service: Knoxville College – 901 Knoxville College Dr.
About Knoxville College:
Knoxville College Knoxville College is an HBCU that was founded by the Presbyterian Church (USA) in 1875. We are continuing with our mission to Educate, Empower, and Elevate a community that has been underserved. Knoxville College currently offers an Associates Degree in General Studies.
- Handling questions, issues and providing detailed information on course requirements.
- Collecting information and qualifying candidates for courses.
- Ensuring that enrollments are completed correctly and supporting materials have been provided.
- Entering, updating and reviewing data and records.
- Providing guidance and recommendations to applicants and prospective candidates.
- Processing enrollments and dis-enrollments.
- Assisting with Recruitment and Capacity Building.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $15,001.50 or, $575.40 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $300/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.