Location of Service: Tennessee Valley Authority – 400 West Summit Drive Knoxville, TN
About Tennessee Valley Authority:
Natural Resources is meeting TVA’s mission of service by providing natural resource stewardship and outdoor recreation opportunities on TVA’s public lands and waters across the valley. This is accomplished in Natural Resources Management through stewardship activities, public outreach, and other efforts designed to conserve the valley resources while maintaining a positive and safe environment for the public and for TVA.
- Maintaining/Improving Public Lands through:
- Asset inventory (NRM assets and Trails)
- Dispersed rec site assessments
- Boundary remarking
- Trash/litter control
- User interactions/conversations/education
- Access control/restrictions
- Invasive removal/management
- A four year college degree in a related Environmental/Natural Resources field of study.
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $20,000*, or, $851.06 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 47 weeks. *Pending Grant Funding
- Education Award of $6,495 (pre-tax) that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses
- Up to $250 Relocation Reimbursement if relocating over 50 miles for service
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 10 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.