Location of Service: Knoxville-Knox County CAC – 2247 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921
About CAC AmeriCorps:
CAC AmeriCorps is an AmeriCorps program that places qualified individuals with various nonprofit, government, and academic organizations throughout the East Tennessee region. The primary function of the CAC AmeriCorps office is to facilitate positive service experiences for AmeriCorps members through recruitment, event planning, data collection and analysis, and overall member support.
- Support the week-long CAC AmeriCorps orientation
- Support individual member development initiatives, such as developing training for the overall corps
- Provide individual guidance and support for VISTA members as needed
- Support the planning and implementation of the mid-year retreat
- Support storytelling and social media efforts
- Conduct bi-yearly site visits with VISTA members
- Verify and analyze monthly performance log data
- Recruit qualified individuals for VISTA positions
- Must have completed a term of AmeriCorps previously
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $17,403, or, $669.35 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses or a $3,000 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy up to $350/month
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Relocation Reimbursement of $0.40/mile if relocating over 50 miles
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- Dedicated Special Project Budget of $750 to use during service
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Relocation & Close-of-Service travel allowance if moving more than 50 miles from your home to serve.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Settling-In Allowance of up to $750 (must be requested).
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Optional opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership.
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.