Location of Service: CAC Mobile Meals – 2247 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921
About CAC Mobile Meals:
CAC Mobile Meals works to combat food insecurity for adults in need who are over 60 years of age and live in Knox County. Each weekday over 100 volunteers deliver nutritious meals to approximately 1,100 homebound seniors who are unable to cook and have no one to prepare meals for them. Equally as important as the meal, a daily safety check allows seniors to remain safely in their own homes.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and events.
- Participate in volunteer recruitment campaigns.
- Coordinate and oversee volunteer groups for various events to create supply for multiple food distribution services.
- Utilize Bloomerang, an online donor management system, to input and track donor information to promote retention.
- Create outreach materials such as reports, newsletters, and social media posts that showcase the impact of Nutrition Services.
- Assist with the coordination of major food distribution events, including the Summer Food Service Program and the Empty Stocking Fund.
- Aid in projects to improve our program data collection and management, including meal delivery verification and volunteer mileage.
- Table at community events to recruit new volunteers.
The member(s) in this position will have the opportunity to gain the following skills/credentials:
- Leading volunteers
- Communication and public speaking
- Event planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Work with diverse demographics
- Push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Stand on feet for long periods of time
- Balance multiple projects at once
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.