Location of Service: CAC Mobile Meals – 2247 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921
About CAC Mobile Meals:
CAC MOBILE MEALS works to combat food insecurity for adults in need who are over 60 years of age and live in Knox County. Each weekday over 100 volunteers deliver nutritious meals to approximately 1,200 seniors who are unable to cook and have no one to prepare meals for them. Equally as important as the meal, the daily safety check allows our local homebound seniors to remain safely in their own homes.
- Assisting with fundraising efforts and events.
- Utilization of ServTracker, an online software system, to track and manage Mobile Meals’ volunteers as well as clients belonging to other programs in Nutrition Services.
- Coordination and oversight of volunteer groups for various events to create supply for multiple food distribution services.
- Utilization of Bloomerang, an online donor management system, to input and track donor information to promote retention.
- Creation of outreach materials such as reports, newsletters, and social media posts that showcase the impact of Nutrition Services.
- Assisting with the coordination of major food distribution events, including the Summer Food Service Program and the Empty Stocking Fund.
- Aiding in projects to improve our program data collection and management, including meal delivery verification and volunteer mileage.
- Tabling at community events to recruit new volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Work with diverse demographics
- Push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Stand on feet for long periods of time
- Balance multiple projects at once
Member Benefits Include:
- A modest living allowance of $15,001.50 or, $575.40 bi-weekly (pre-tax), paid over 52 weeks.
- Education Award of $6,495 that can be applied to student loans and/or future education expenses OR a $1,800 end-of-service stipend.
- Housing subsidy of up to $200/month
- Relocation reimbursement at $0.40/mile if relocating more than 50 miles for service
- Up to $750 Settling-In Allowance to reimburse upfront moving costs
- A Health insurance subsidy is available for members covered through healthcare.gov
- 80 Hours Personal Leave AND 80 Hours Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Worker’s Compensation
- Child Care Reimbursement
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In-house SNAP benefits specialist available to provide assistance in determining eligibility.
- May be eligible for utility bill assistance. In-house specialists available to provide assistance with determining eligibility.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal hiring after completion of service.
- Opportunity to enroll concurrently in Carson Newman MBA in Nonprofit Leadership
Equity and Inclusion: The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will take action to ensure that members and employees are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, romantic/sexual orientation, age, handicap, cultural or religious convictions. CAC AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the recruitment / employment process.